All components of the Botball kit, including building materials, robot controllers, sensors, and motors, remain with the team leader after the tournament for use in the classroom.
In a recent survey, 86% of Botball team leaders reported using these components for educational activities outside of Botball throughout the academic year.
Uses for a Botball kit outside the Botball season:
- Incorporate the kit components into other courses such as physics, technology, or computer classes
- Use individual elements to enhance activities within a class such as a simple machines lesson or data collection around the school
- Prepare a fall challenge to get students excited about the new season
- Allow students to check out the kit to do independent projects, science fairs or engineering fairs
- Encourage students to build showcase robots for the Autonomous Robot Showcase at the Global Conference on Educational Robotics